Monday, February 1, 2010

foggyyy

Long long while since my last update. This would be my FIRST update since arriving in the UK. Although I have not seen all I have wanted to see yet, I gotta tell you,

I LOVE IT HERE

Everything from the UK versions of the American brands, to the nightlife on campus and off, to the SMOKING KILLS labels on cigarette packets (yeah I've been picking up on the local vocal as well loll) to the this and the that and the whathaveyou.

I like the Englands.

I was at this wonderful market in Cambridge the other day and was very much tempted to purchase a few vinyls (notably Bruce Springsteen's Nebraska) … I figure it might be worth it to ship them out in case I ever come across there again.



Now here's the sad story. I bought a glass bowl - and a pretty decent looking one at that. Red, black, mostly white. I bought it with a lighter for 8 pounds total. After a full day of circulating the town, I finally get to meet up with the rest of my group. Excited about the discovery, I pulled it out to show somebody only to find several pieces of it at the bottom of the bag. I have no idea when it happened, but somehow I broke my brand new bowl.

As upset as I am, maybe I'm just not supposed to spend money on that kinda shit. Lesson learned I guess. I mean its probably for the best considering I'm probably not gonna be able to bring it back to the colonies.

Speaking of Cambridge, I just discovered the greatest street performer ever. Not greatest in terms of talent, but damn… what a show.



His name: The Sonic Modulator. He had a blanket out with a sign that said "Change for Broken Spaceship" and was selling CDs for 10 quid. A little too much of a price to pay, I think, for a performance (an even better one at that) you can just easily get for free.

Even though I would LOVE to have the Sonic Modulator on my top artists on Last.fm. Then Hipster Runoff would blog about him. Then Pitchfork. Then the rest is history.

I've got high hopes for this trip. We'll talk about London in a bit! Hopefully it won't take as long as this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment